This four-minute video presents the clearest, most accurate explanation of issues close to our hearts we’ve found: overfishing and the peril of aquaculture. We are emptying our seas at an unsustainable rate. But there are real solutions at hand:
- Our governments need to follow science-based harvest recommendations.
- Understand why aquaculture (fish farming) merely robs Peter to pay Paul, and for most species is not a solution.
- Purchase local, wild fish whenever and wherever possible – even if it costs more.
- Write a note to the FDA (click here) urging them to follow the American Fisheries Society’s names for fish species so that restaurants and retailers have to honestly tell consumers what we are purchasing.
- Use your dollars to show commercial fishermen that you are willing to pay for responsibly harvested fish as opposed to farmed fish and fish harvested by nonselective, rapacious factory ship fishing.
- Become educated and talk…
View original post 67 more words